Congratulations to Unit 500's newest Life Master Dottie Reid who achieved the milestone in Modesto on Thursday 4/12.
There are 8 special games this month including the Unit-sponsored lunch and game on Sunday the 22nd at Redwood. Please check the CALENDAR for details.
Note: Game at Hayward on Thursday, 4/26 is cancelled as they are resurfacing the floors in the building.
Local Sectional tournaments this month:
- Saratoga 4/6 - 4/8
- Larkspur 4/21 - 4/22
- San Ramon 4/28 - 4/29
- Bay Area High School Bridge Championships 4/29. This event is free to all participants grades 9-12, including free snacks, lunch, T-shirts, trophies and cash prizes.
Forum Newsletter Going Digital
Beginning with the next issue, May, 2018, the Contract Bridge Forum, produced by The Western Conference of the ACBL, will only be available in digital format. You will get email notification when a new issue is available, BUT ONLY IF THE ACBL HAS YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS.
To verify that the ACBL has your email address:
- Sign on to the ACBL website by entering your member number and password
- Under the "Welcome back" greeting, click on "Update My Information"
- Click on "Update My Contact Information"
- Scroll down and verify/provide your email address
- Click on "Submit" to establish any changes
Whether or not you are notified, the Forum Newsletter may always be viewed on the Western Conference website. Click on the "FORUM NEWSLETTER" button, top right of this page, then click on the District 21 logo.
Unit 500 is part of the American Contract Bridge League (ACBL) representing Southern Alameda County. Unit 500 is also within District 21 (Northern California), which is part of the Western Conference (Districts 17, 21 and 22), publisher of the monthly Forum newsletter. Southern Alameda County has ACBL duplicate bridge club games, a South County Sectional tournament, local Unit tournaments, and many special events. There are nearby Sectional and Regional tournaments too. Bridge lessons are available.
See our monthly newsletter, Table Talk for the President's message, South County News, and Tournament Trails of Unit 500 members.